- Benthic foraminiferal
- Quaternary Geology
- Marsh evolution
- Coastal Geology
- Environmental Studies
- Sea-level Changes
Awards and Fellowships
- Geological Society of America, W. Storrs Cole Memorial Research Award 2012.
- Nominated Fellow of the Centre for Natural Hazard Research at East Carolina University, 2011.
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards 2010.
- Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship by the European Science Foundation 2008. (declined)
- Ciência 2008 research fellowship by the Portuguese Foundation of Science and Technology, 2009.
- Postdoctoral fellowship by the Portuguese Foundation of Science and Technology, 2008.
- Postdoctoral Scholar by the Conseil Général of the Vendée, France, 2006.
- Postdoctoral fellowship by the Basque Country Government, Spain, 2003.
- Graduate fellowship (PhD level), Spanish Ministry of Culture and Education, 1996.
- Undergraduate scholarship, Basque Country Government, Spain, 1995.
- Undergraduate scholarship, Basque Country Government, Spain, 1992.
Associate Professor, Department of Geological Sciences
Harriot College of Arts & Sciences
Graham Building 103b
East Carolina University